ate shed defecate special sick other link I - changes
Boa Page - top
- April 2003
- April 25/2003 - arrives to his new home at my place, length: 29 inches ( 74 cm ), weight: about 9.7 oz. ( 275 grams), captive bread, perhabs about 4 months old
- April 27/2003 - poo
- April 28/2003 - ate 1 mouse, seemed kind of looking for more and did not look as bulky as the python, next time I will try to give him 2 mice - at 2.5 feet I am sure two is what he needs
- April 28/2003 - moved to a new place, set up the tank - put some more barch to increase humidity, undertank heater and overhead 75 Watts. He was very curious all the time - contrary to the ball python who ate two mice and just dozed off, as usual... what a slob, lol, I love him ! - and I love my boa too... at first all my feelings were with my ball python simply because he was my first snake, but I can see how special and intelligent the boa is. A real character - different from the ball, but what a 'person' ! Intelligent and sharp, curious - extremely. We gonna be real buddies, lol!
- May 2003
- May 03/2003 - ate 2 mice
- May 10/2003 - ate 2 mice - quick
- May 11/2003 - pre-shed mode, eyes and the body a bit cloudy, should shed within nex week - it would be his first shedding at my place
- May 16/2003 - shed for the first time
- May 20/2003 - ate 2 mice
- May 26/2003 - ate 2 mice
- May 30/2003 - poo - seems did after one month, which is seldom, but then I've heard many do it at this rate
and I shouldn't worry. I am also not sure - maybe he did one in tje meantime but I haven't noticed it with all the pieces of wood etc. in the cage.
- June 1st/2003 - ate 2 mice
- June 3rd/2003 - poo
- June 5th/2003 - found another poo, perhabs the other one was something I missed
- June 7th/2003 - ate 2 mice, large ones
- May 12/2003 - pre-shed mode, eyes and the body a bit cloudy, I was wondering about this weekends feeding but it went very very smooth
- June 14th/2003 - ate 2 mice; it was much smoother and quicker than before - I wonder if he's 'getting used to' new place takes actually longer than what 'they say'..
; I had doubts if he will eat or not because his eys were already a bit cloudy, but as I said everything went smooth and even nicer than before; the ball python came a bit smaller than the boa which took about 6 months
and 44 mice to switch it to rats, I am wondering how long will the boa to become the same size
as the ball, which is getting a bit impressive; boa is still a small snake - I can't wait
to see him this big!
- June 20/2003 - shed the second time
- June 21/2003 - ate 1 rat - his first one! It was medium in size
- June 25/2003 - ate 1 rat - medium but pretty large - it was for the ball python which just shed and did not eat last weekend, but somehow
did not go for it at all. The boa - went for it in 2 seconds, first was a miss, but took it very quickly right after this with a second strike.
- May 30/2003 - poo - huuuge!!! Ate 2 rats in a week and this is the first one I think. Comparing with
what mice - wow! Here is a pic.
- June 29/2003 - ate 1 rat - I was going to not feed it since he ate on Wednesday, but since
the python showed no interest I had to do something... he went for it in no time - what a pig! Haha!
- July 05/2003 - ate 1 rat
- July 09/2003 - offered him one more rat but refused - eyes getting cloudy and ready to shed
- July 11/2003 - looks normal again, the skin getting rough - I think he might go into shed within day or two
- July 12/2003 - shed - third time, looks wonderful, nice colors!
- July 13/2003 - poo, another monster
- July 13/2003 - ate 1 rat, searched and went for it very actively and quickly, amazing
- July 17/2003 - ate 1 rat
- July 28/2003 - ate 1 rat